Becoming a member of the society gives you a voice toward ensuring that our programs and services continue to meet the needs of our community.
Our Annual General Meeting will be held Tuesday, June 27, 2023 at 7pm at the Chances RimRock Casino
(4890 Cherry Creek Rd, Port Alberni).
A review of the Alberni Valley Hospice Society (AVHS) Bylaws was conducted by the Governance Group in early 2022 and was further reviewed by legal entity to ensure that our Bylaws were in compliance with the updated Societies Amendment Act 2021.
At the Extraordinary General Meeting of April 26, 2022, the Special Resolution that the Bylaws of the AVHS be repealed and replaced with the new bylaws was unanimously approved by the membership.
In order to ensure compliance with PART II: MEMBERSHIP
#4 of the ACT which states “a person may apply to the directors for membership in the Society and on acceptance by the directors is a member” the board has revised the application process.
1. Memberships run April 1 to March 31 annually to align with the society’s fiscal year.
2. Complete membership application form.
3. Application forms can be found online at albernihospice.ca or at the Hospice office.
4. Submit completed and signed application form to AVHS Administrative Coordinator.
5. Completed document submitted to board of directors for consideration.
6. Applicant is notified of acceptance.
7. Applicant pays membership fee.
Note: Board meetings are held on the 4th Tuesday of the month - January, February, March, April, May, June, September, October and November.